A few things out there this morning:
- Rangers scouts were present for left-hander Johan Santana's outing in the Venezuelan winter league on Tuesday. Santana, of course, has undergone two shoulder surgeries and an Achilles injury in recent years. His addition would figure to be one of merely depth, if there's even a realistic chance of it happening at all.
- Been waiting for your 2015 ticket info? Here it is.
- T.R. Sullivan addresses the backup catcher situation, saying that Texas is looking to find someone on the market. He also makes a tongue-in-cheek comment about the possibility of Robinson Chirinos starting 150 games.
- Texas is hoping to avoid arbitration hearings with Ross Detwiler, Neftali Feliz, and Mitch Moreland. The Rangers haven't had a hearing since 2000.
- Evan Grant has a write-up on OF prospect Nick Williams, one of the more exciting prospects in the pipeline.
- Some Texas players are sporting some odd masks that they're using for their workouts. But hey, they look pretty cool.
- Finally, here's another Evan Grant write-up, this time on Nomar Mazara. Mazara, 19, started last season in Single-A ball, but impressed enough to earn a promotion to Double-A Frisco. While there, in a small sample of 97 plate appearances, he put up a wRC+ of 157. His 2014 performance has vaulted him into being one of the more prized prospects in the entire organization.