In case you missed it, the Rangers made a trade yesterday. Along without own reactions, here are some others from out in the universe.
- Jeff Passan was the first writer to break the details of the trade yesterday. Accordingly, it seemed only fitting to include his write-up first.
- Gerry Fraley says that Yovani Gallardo impressed Jeff Banister long before Texas traded for him.
- Ben Badler of Baseball America says that the deal is good for Texas because they improved in the short-term without giving up any core prospects that had realistic shots at being everyday players or starting pitchers in the near future.
- Jeff Sullivan of FanGraphs says that while Texas filled a need, it doesn't likely improve the ball club by much. Interestingly, he takes a look at some pitch-framing statistics and wonders what effect that will have on Gallardo in Texas, given that Robinson Chirinos was considered to be a poor pitch-framer in 2014.
- Finally, T.R. Sullivan also has some thoughts up over on the official Rangers site.