Your source for all things related to the under-inflation of baseballs.
- The Rangers acquired RHP Gonzalez Germen yesterday. He figures to be a placeholder on the 40-man roster for now, but will ultimately take the fall when it is discovered that the Rangers have been deflating their baseballs.
- Jurickson Profar will being a throwing program today. No word yet on whether Profar likes his balls over-inflated or under-inflated.
- The Astros signed Colby Rasmus and designated catcher Carlos Corporan for assignment. Given that Texas still needs a backup catcher, he could be an option, provided he can keep the umpire from checking the psi of the baseballs.
- Calvin Watkins says that infield depth, not the inflation level of the baseballs, allowed Texas to make a move to acquire Yovani Gallardo.
- Finally, David Schoenfield has a piece up on 30 things to look for before Spring Training. I can't think of a good ball-inflation joke here, so feel free to make up your own.