A lot of juicy info for you all this morning:
- Baseball Prospectus put up their top ten list of prospects in the Texas organization. As you might expect, Joey Gallo is at the top of the list.
- Keith Law ranked all Major League farm systems. You'll need ESPN Insider access to see the piece -- a worthwhile investment if you enjoy reading this kind of information -- but the shorthand version is that he has the Texas farm system ranked at 11.
- PECOTA projections are up over at Baseball Prospectus. The projections have Texas at 83 wins, and 4th in the AL West. While perhaps slightly conservative, I think that's around where many of us expected things to stand in any preseason projections.
- Kevin Sherrington feels like the Rangers are in a much better position with rotational depth than they were at this time last year. Can't say I would really disagree with that.
- T.R. Sullivan says that the newfound depth in the rotation affords more time for the top pitching prospects in the system to hone their craft.
- Robbie Ross was in a yoga class when Jon Daniels called him to inform him of the trade that sent him to Boston.